All art work posted on this site is the copyright of the individual Studio Tour Artists. Please respect this copyright and do not use or reproduce any photograph of a painting, actual photograph or other art work or use the idea for a painting or digital manipulation of your own without seeking permission first.

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Featured Artist ... Barbara Wayne

This weeks featured Studio Tour 2013 Artist is Barbara Wayne. Barbara creates beautiful mosaic art.


Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/barbara.wayne

Contact (phone or e mail) barbara_wayne@rogers.com


Where were you born? 

I was born in Toronto. 

If you could have an art related vacation anywhere in the world where would you go and why? 

I would travel to Italy, since there are spectacular byzantine mosaics in that country!  

How did you get your start in the world of art?


I was born into a creative hands on family of women, and my mom was my inspiration. She was a very talented dressmaker.
  

Do you have go-to paints/colors that you love to use in your art work?

 I love to work with jewel tone colours.


 Who has been your biggest inspiration as an artist? 

My biggest mosaic art inspiration comes from Julio Menossi, a master Italian mosaicist.


What have been some of your crowning achievements?

My crowning achievement is to still have the ability to physically create mosaics, in spite of a severe accident, entailing me to have a wrist reconstruction.

If you could have three wishes as an artist, what would they be?

As an artist, my wish is to have as many people as possible to meet and view my work, to be respected by my colleagues in themosaic art world  in particular, and to bring as much joy  to my viewers and patrons. 

What is the best advice that you have received as an artist?

My best advice is to stay true to my muse, and express myself with valid emotion.

What colour best describes your personality?

I think the colour purple best describes my passionate personality.

Thank you Barbara

 

No comments:

Post a Comment