All art work posted on this site is the copyright of the individual Studio Tour Artists. Please respect this copyright and do not use or reproduce any photograph of a painting, actual photograph or other art work or use the idea for a painting or digital manipulation of your own without seeking permission first.

Saturday 27 July 2013

Featured Artist: Maryam Sadrolhefazi

Maryam Sadrolhefazi

Online Gallery: www.strikingly.com/maryamsadrolhefazi
  
Like many people today, Maryam has a fond love of the visual arts. She says...
 
 This is probably a result of my growing up in Tehran, Iran where I was surround by a beautiful and vibrant culture. When I came to Canada, I decided to pick up a hobby to pass the time while raising my two kids. I had always been interested in stained glass. After a bit of research and a lot of support from my husband I gave it a shot, slowly teaching myself the techniques. After a couple of years I did the same with mosaic art. The rest as they say, is rock and roll history....
 
 
 Today I have turned what started off as a hobby into a business. Aside from my studio work, I teach stained glass and mosaics courses for the town of Richmond Hill. I also run a series of elementary school mosaics programs called "Mosaic Club".

Where were you born? 
 Tehran - Iran


If you could have an art related vacation anywhere in the world where would you go and why? 
I’d go to Italy for the beautiful architecture 


What’s your favourite thing to create and why?
Paisleys because they are a flexible shape that can be designed in many ways


How did you get your start in the world of art?
It started off as a simple hobby and evolved into a career


Do you have go-to paints/colors that you love to use in your art work?
I love the colours of fall

What have been some of your crowning achievements?
Working with the Art Science Collective Canada


What is the best advice that you have received as an artist?
Never say you can’t do something

Thank you Maryam

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Maryam:
    I am looking forward to seeing your latest work this year!
    Barb C

    ReplyDelete