All art work posted on this site is the copyright of the individual Studio Tour Artists. Please respect this copyright and do not use or reproduce any photograph of a painting, actual photograph or other art work or use the idea for a painting or digital manipulation of your own without seeking permission first.

Thursday 7 July 2016

Irit Brodsky: Fused Glass Creations

This week we are featuring Irit Brodsky. She is a wonderful fused glass artist.


It is a very exciting moment when the hood of the kiln is opened and the finished glass creation is revealed. Rarely do I look at it and think " yeah, it's what I expected". I am constantly amazed by how the glass changes from the raw 12"x12" squares, bought in the store, to a finished product that has a minimum of two layers of cut, constructed and designed pieces of harmonized glass. Each piece is warmed up to almost 1500 degrees and cooled back to room temperature, which takes about 12 hours. It is then warmed and cooled again over a ceramic mold in order to give the piece a functional purpose.




 I grew up by the Mediterranean Sea, mesmerized by the sunsets. Turquoise and Orange is my favourite combination of colours and I never get tired of them. Glass can be very playful and shiny, allowing the artists to enjoy endless combinations of creative possibilities.




Fused glass has been a hobby for almost 10 years, and I am still learning new things.
My next goal is to in cooperate glass with wood, for the purpose of coffee tables and shelves. And yes, I am still holding on to my day job... for now.

I am honoured to be included among such talented artists and excited to present my work at the Richmond Hill Studio Tour 2016. You can learn about Irit by visiting her website brightglass.weekly.com.  Please visit her during this year's studio tour!

1 comment: