All art work posted on this site is the copyright of the individual Studio Tour Artists. Please respect this copyright and do not use or reproduce any photograph of a painting, actual photograph or other art work or use the idea for a painting or digital manipulation of your own without seeking permission first.

Friday 9 August 2013

Featured Artist Don Downer

   Don Downer

Website:   www.donsnaturephotography.com
Online Gallery: Fine Art America
Contact (phone or e mail)  donsnaturephotography@gmail.com 
 
 
Don's enthusiasm for the outdoor world is conagious and he enjoys sharing his passion for nature and photography with children and adults alike. So let's find out more about Don.

Where were you born?     
Penetanguishene, Ontario

If you could have an art related vacation anywhere in the world where would you go and why?   
I would go to Madagascar or the Galapagos Islands because of all the unique animals that are there – and I haven’t been there yet.   

What’s your favourite thing to create and why?
My favourite thing to create is a moving and inspiring photograph of nature.


How did you get your start in the world of art?
I’ve always loved to take photographs and when I retired, an artist-friend of mine, suggested that I should be showing my work to other people and so we started doing shows together.

Do you have go-to paints/colors that you love to use in your art work?
I like oranges, especially sunsets – because I don’t see many sunrises – especially now that I am retired.  I also am very fond of all the blues – especially water blues.


Who has been your biggest inspiration as an artist?
Probably the work of Robert Bateman has been my biggest inspiration.

What have been some of your crowning achievements?
I have had several successful shows and I was asked to provide two pieces of photography from Georgian Bay as a memorial which now are on permanent display in the hospice in Penetanguishene, Ontario.


If you could have three wishes as an artist, what would they be?

That people would buy my work!
That I didn’t have to any work on the computer;
That I had more time to take photographs.


What is the best advice that you have received as an artist?
Be true to your own inspiration, and, keep it simple.


What colour best describes your personality?
Blue with splashes of orange!


Thank you Don

No comments:

Post a Comment