All art work posted on this site is the copyright of the individual Studio Tour Artists. Please respect this copyright and do not use or reproduce any photograph of a painting, actual photograph or other art work or use the idea for a painting or digital manipulation of your own without seeking permission first.

Thursday 26 September 2013

Featured Artist: Elena Fumagalli

Elena Fumagalli 
Contact (phone or e mail)
416-948-660 cell
Where were you born? 
In Venezuela, South America

If you could have an art related vacation anywhere in the world where would you go and why? 
Italy, because art surrounds you, it's everywhere, there is so much history. The energy it's amazing
Inspirational!!

What’s your favourite thing to create and why?
I love making bowls, platters and vases. I love to use them as canvas, I can draw and paint on them. I can carve them, alter them.
And you can put your favorite foods in them and enjoy them everyday.

How did you get your start in the world of art?
Ever since I was a little girl I use to draw all the time on to any surface.
Art has always been my passion.

Do you have go-to paints/colors that you love to use in your art work?
I love bright and happy colours.

Who has been your biggest inspiration as an artist? 
My mother, she painted beautifully.

What have been some of your crowning achievements?
-When i was in High School, I received a few awards for best artist in the school.
-One of my drawing was published in the Year Book and displayed in an Art Competition with other schools and won.
-A platter and 2 bowls were chosen as Best in Show in three different occasions at the Hill Potters Guild.

If you could have three wishes as an artist, what would they be?
I wish I had my own studio and retail space to be able to sell to the public and make a name for myself.
To be able to take courses all over the world
To be able to do pottery, drawing and painting all day long.


What is the best advice that you have received as an artist?
From my mother: Be yourself, express yourself and practice, practice and practice!!!


What colour best describes your personality?
Green:  I think it describes my personality because I love nature, I am a positive and optimistic person. I like harmony and peace in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment