All art work posted on this site is the copyright of the individual Studio Tour Artists. Please respect this copyright and do not use or reproduce any photograph of a painting, actual photograph or other art work or use the idea for a painting or digital manipulation of your own without seeking permission first.

Thursday 19 June 2014

Featured Artist: Valerie Kent

VALERIE KENT B.Ed., B.F.A., M.F.A.,O.C.T. presents workshops to art societies and colleges. Member of IAOCA International Association of Contemporary Artists (Japan), winning an Award at the Kyoto Art Museum Annex, juried into the Seoul International Open Art Fair in Korea and will exhibit in Korea in 2014. Certified Golden Educator.


 
Tell us about your most memorable/ or funniest moment that has happened in a previous studio Tour
I have been party to many a remarkable and memorable moments in the Studio Tour.  I have had the
privilege of being in it since its inception.  When someone loves my work and then wants to adopt it
there is a wonderful bond that is set up.  I find it heartwarming when those who have purchased pieces return year after year, and even if a particular year they do not purchase a piece, they stop by to say hello and see what is being offered this year.  I cannot mention persons by name, but they do become my patrons and art family.  I think they know who they are.  I just want to take this opportunity to thank those who care enough to visit and to purchase my work.


Also give us 3 interesting/ unusual facts about your chosen medium/ art form or the materials you use or the way in which you work
I do paint in several mediums and sometimes in a combination as in mixed media.  I always use the best quality materials.  There are no ifs, ands, or buts in that.  I will never compromise the quality of an artwork. Some of my mixed media pieces had everything from egg shells from my sister Kate's farm, to dried foliage and flower petals, to sand, (before the companies came out with pumice) and glass beads, wool, string and so very much more.  I create the archival quality by covering it all with Golden gels and pastes.  I enjoy doing mono printing painting in soap on plexiglas plates and then printing the image.  The newest way to do that is slightly different in that we now can buy a Gelli plate and print using Golden open acrylics.  This is such fun to do and creates  a very interesting image.  My newest work is both outdoor plein air painting and I take the time to get out into the countryside to paint and also my new Marketplace Series which will be shown in Amsterdam in a solo show on Oct. 10th.  I am so  excited.  
 
 
www.valeriekent.com artistvalerie@yahoo.ca 647 223 5531 

No comments:

Post a Comment