All art work posted on this site is the copyright of the individual Studio Tour Artists. Please respect this copyright and do not use or reproduce any photograph of a painting, actual photograph or other art work or use the idea for a painting or digital manipulation of your own without seeking permission first.

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Featured Artist: Alexandra K Conrad

 Alexandra likes to create paintings that evoke emotions in the viewer. The conception of one of her works of art begins with a subject, idea, inspirational view, a set of colours that grab her attention or the particular light of that moment. This then gets expressed through her brushstrokes.


What is your most memorable moment from your previous Richmond Hill Studio Tour experiences?

I did a portrait in oil on canvas of our friends’ daughter Michelle, and I had this for the first time displayed at the 2013 Richmond Hill Studio Tour. Michelle and her parents came to see the painting for the first time. The reaction of Michelle and her mother was the most memorable for me. Michelle said: It is me and I love it. They both had tears in their eyes form happiness. Michelle wrote in my Guests Book: “I love the painting of me! Thank you! “This was very emotional and memorable moment for me.



Artist: Alexandra K Conrad
Title: “Michelle” Medium: oil on gallery canvas
 Size: 28 x 22 inches

Can you tell us 3 interesting facts about the medium you use?
Lately I paint mainly in oil and acrylic. Both mediums allow me to

1. Apply paint thin or thick

2. To have brush strokes visible

3. Acrylic dries fast, so if I need to have painting finished fast I use acrylic.

Other time I might use acrylic because I feel that for certain subject and my interpretation it will be a better medium.


Alexandra K Conrad and her paintings at the exhibition 2013 Richmond Hill Studio Tour at the Burr House (Pottery by Elena Fumagalli)

For more information please visit Alexandra's Website: www.akconradart.com
 or Contact: akcmail@akconradart.com
905 883 5539

No comments:

Post a Comment