All art work posted on this site is the copyright of the individual Studio Tour Artists. Please respect this copyright and do not use or reproduce any photograph of a painting, actual photograph or other art work or use the idea for a painting or digital manipulation of your own without seeking permission first.

Friday 5 September 2014

Featured Artist: Andrea End



 
Memorable Moment at a past Studio Tour,

Seeing my grade 6 teacher.
Although Gloria is on my contact list I had not seen her in over 20 years. I was speaking with some studio tours guests when I turned around and there she was in front of me. It was lovely to catch up and be able to show her what I have been up to!





Three Facts about my work.

1. Why Landscapes? I love to be outside in the forest or by water. (Mountains would work too, there just aren’t any in southern Ontario) Its restful, calming, simplifying.
2. Why gouache? I love colour, shapes, shadow and light. Gouache allows me to paint these shapes in the landscape clearly. No washes, no moving paint around on the board.
3. Why 3 colours? I keep things simple. I paint using the 3 primary colours, and white, mixing whatever colours I need in my paintings. Each colour I use is a combination of those 3 primaries, it feels like one colour that I can pull into various directions.



It feels like the Studio Tours is just around the corner. I am looking forward to meeting with people and seeing and hearing their reactions to my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment